HOW TO WRITE A CV OR RESUME THAT DELIVERS RESULTS
The right structure, content and design
Your CV has one straightforward function – to get you a job interview. Easily said, but not so easily done in the current market! Employers have large numbers of applicants for every role.
Successful Resumes’ approach means you’ll have a CV that makes you stand out from the crowd and clearly positions you as a valuable candidate. Your CV (curriculum vitae or resume as it is also known) is based on a careful needs assessment to create a powerful selling tool – a tool to sell you!
What a successful CV contains
- A dynamic layout and a professionally designed front cover give the visual impact needed for your CV to succeed in the battle to gain attention
- Strategic development of your CV to inject a marketing-oriented approach to selling you, and to maximise your potential of winning that interview in a competitive employment market
- A personal profile– because employers hire people based on more than just experience and skills. They are highly motivated by personal qualities and attributes, especially when this information is presented in our unique, proven style
- A highly readable, succinct writing style, helping the employer to reach a positive decision to interview you without wading through pages of rambling text
- Your CV will be a powerful “selling tool”– as opposed to being just the traditional list of employment and task related details offered by most people
- We pay special attention to grammar and syntaxas well as to the tense and tempo of the language
- If you have references or appraisals available, we may use ‘excerpts’ within the body of your CV. We have found this to be a highly effective marketing and image building strategy because it brings the positive opinions of past employers into dynamic focus
A modern CV that meets modern needs
Our team of human resource, management and marketing professionals have created stunningly written and highly engaging CVs loaded with vital keywords, and presented in a professional, visually appealing style that has had proven success. Click on the samples below to view some of the styles we offer – all are ATS compliant, meaning they will perform well in the software used by recruiters.
Connecting you to opportunities
LinkedIn membership in New Zealand already exceeds 600,000 people. Globally, executives, entrepreneurs, job seekers, recruiters and sales people are joining at the rate of two per second to build their professional network. Most recruiters check shortlisted candidates’ LinkedIn profiles to ensure the information listed matches their CV, and to see whom the candidate knows.
A CV from Successful Resumes will be in a format that allows you to easily transfer the text into LinkedIn to generate a basic profile. However, LinkedIn is more than just an online CV site – your profile needs to be optimised and kept up to date.
Successful Resumes can help with an improved profile and even build a profile page for you from scratch.
Our LinkedIn writing service includes
Research shows that confident applicants perform much better at interviews than nervous applicants. The best way to build your confidence is to practice your skills with an experienced interview coach and gain valuable feedback. Whether it’s confirmation that you have the right approach or suggestions for better ways of expressing yourself, our writers can give independent advice and tips on how to present yourself well and demonstrate that you are a good match for the job. Contact our writers for more information.
Redundancy is a very distressing experience for many people; staff and managers alike, need support to navigate the job market and find new opportunities.
Our writers work sensitively with employees to draw out their talents and qualities, and present them to prospective employers in the most effective way. We help them to navigate the job search environment and provide them with the tools that enable them to put their best foot forward.
We work with businesses to deliver and implement high-quality support programmes that help employees leave the business with dignity and confidence, ready to take the next step in their career.