A professional association and a code of ethics
for the highest professional standard
Successful Resumes New Zealand Ltd and its writers are members of the Professional Resume Writers of Australasia. We commit to their code of ethical CV writing practice:
Members of the professional group, Professional Resume Writers of Australasia, agree:
- To accurately and fairly advertise products, services and business qualifications according to commonly recognised and accepted business practices, local, state, and federal laws.
- To remain sensitive to individual client needs and be compassionate in providing advice, products and services to meet the client's specific objectives.
- To provide those materials and services that will enhance the client's abilities to achieve their goals without regard to race, gender, religion, age or disability.
- To deliver the services and products promised to the client and be truthful in the provision of information in all aspects of resume, letter and selection criteria writing.
- To never knowingly include information in a client's resume that is untrue or is likely to provide a false impression to an employer or recruiter.
- To stay informed on the latest résumé and employment trends, as well as current market and hiring trends that could affect the client's job seeking endeavours, using our best personal endeavours, through the media and through our professional networks.
- To deliver the highest professional standards so that the résumé writing and job search skills consulting sector will be seen as an ethical profession as a whole.
- To maintain strict confidentiality with every client, using or disclosing personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected.
- To make appropriate third party referral when areas of skill and competency, required by the client, are outside the member's professional capacity to deliver. For example in areas such as Career Counselling and Interview Coaching.
- To include, where possible, acknowledgement of PRWA membership in advertising and marketing material.
- Not to plagiarise other PRWA member's résumé formats, either design or content, without permission to do so from that member.
- Not to participate in any professional or personal denigration of other PRWA members.
© 2006, Successful Resumes & Professional CV Writers of Australasia, All Rights Reserved
About the PWRA
The PRWA is the first and only CV writers’ professional association in the region. The group was originally founded in 2006 as the Professional Resume Writers of Australia, under the joint auspice of Successful Resumes Australia (Principal John Little) & Resumes International Pty Ltd (Managing Director Jan Bartel). Its Code of Ethics is the result of a collaborative process involving input and the combined resources of the founding members.